Monday, April 29, 2013

Who Knew? Housing/Transportation Location Affordability Portal Up as Beta.

I haven't seen any HUD PR on this but on Monday night I stumbled across a beta test site for the long delayed housing/transportation location affordability portal; the "my transportation cost calculator " is HERE; home page for entire site is HERE. 

Site also includes location affordability index page HERE and downloadable data HERE for places, counties, metro's , and for metro areas only, data down to the block group level. (More than 100 pieces of data for each geography).

It is not clear how long this site has been up or how up to date it is; as I indicated there is no link that I can find anywhere on the HUD website. While Beta it still provides a starting point to understand the kinds of analysis that may be possible. 

More to follow I am sure; timing for formal HUD announcement not so much.

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment